Have you not known? Have you not heard?
|The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth,|
|Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the weak,
And to the those who have no might
He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary
And the young men shall utterly fail...
But those who wait on the Lord
shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings
they shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
Welcome to the Home Page of the
Homer Church of the Nazarene
P.O. Box 449 1852 Sterling Hwy. Homer, Alaska 99603
Located on Baycrest Hill above beautiful Kachemak Bay, the Homer Nazarene Church is presently engaged in two long-awaited building projects. Long in the planning, Homer finally has a permanent building. After having met in various locations over the years, the raising of the new building has been a joyful and blessed event. For more on the history of the Nazarene church in Homer, please follow
Far more important than the physical building of the church, we here at Homer Nazarene church are looking to the higher goal of building up the body of Christ in Homer. Plans include serving the community in various ways, ministering to the children and youth of Homer through Vacation Bible School and other outreach projects, prayerful intervention for
our community and it's leaders, and asking the Lord's guidence as we interact with those who don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Click here to return to the Table of Contents
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- There is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He died for the sins of men. He rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of the Father, is now our Mediator, and will return in power and glory.
- Man was created in the image of God. Through sin, all men become spiritually separated from God and without Christ are lost.
- Salvation is personal, received by grace through faith. Man is born again of the Holy Spirit by the Word of God, through a personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity who sanctifies and empowers the believer to live for and serve Jesus Christ.
- Every believer in Christ seeks to live a life dedicated to the service of Christ.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgement will take place.
SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
|Sunday School and Bible Fellowship||10:00 AM||Sunday Morning Worship Service||11:00 AM
||Sunday Evening Service|| 6:00 PM
||Wednesday Evening Service|| 7:00 PM
||"Kingdom's Kids" meet at 7:00 PM on Wednesday also|
PLEASE JOIN US!
Page maintained by Tamara Reiser dba CompuMom Computer Services, Copyright(c) Tamara Reiser.Mail Compu-Mom Created: 9/2/97 Updated: 3/3/2000